Do you have fire extinguishers in your home or workplace? Do you know if the extinguishers are the correct size and type for the location? In the event of a fire, would you know how to correctly operate the extinguisher to put out the fire? Would your family members or co-workers know how? Have you ever had the opportunity to practice discharging an extinguisher?
One way to limit the amount of damage due to home and workplace fires is to learn how to select and use portable fire extinguishers. In this hands on session you will be able to select and safely use the proper portable fire extinguisher for the corresponding class of fire.
This class will help you answer the following important questions about fires and fire extinguishers:
· What are the different classes of fire?
· What types of extinguishers are appropriate for each type of fire?
· How do I choose what extinguisher to purchase for my home or business?
· How do I maintain my extinguisher to make sure it will work when I need it?
· How do I correctly and safely operate a portable fire extinguisher to put out a fire?
In addition, each student will be able to experience hands-on practice putting out live fire with a handheld extinguisher. An emphasis will be placed on safety and correct application of the extinguishing agent given the type of fire.
Who should attend? Adults, children over the age of 12 (with an adult supervisor), families, business owners, anyone who wants to learn about fire extinguishers.
Please read: Class meets at the Fire Safety Center (3617 Campus Rd, Eau Claire, WI)