This hands-on course focuses on preparing dentists and hygienists for the safe, effective administration of nitrous oxide inhalation sedation for clinical practice. Completion of this certificate qualifies the participant to apply for state certification to administer local anesthesia through the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, Dentistry Examining Board.
Upon completion students will be able to:
• Apply rational in managing pain
• Prevent and manage common medical emergencies
• List the indications, contraindications, advantages, and disadvantages of inhalation sedation
• Properly prepare, use and maintain equipment
• Administer (3) three nitrous oxide inductions on a peer/patient