This one-day preparation course will assist participants to become familiar with applications of pesticides in Wisconsin’s right-of-way and natural area environments. The training will help individuals learn to use pesticides legally and will ensure the continued use of, and benefits from, pesticides as a choice in pest management. Instruction will include:
• How to handle pesticides correctly
• Protect ones-self, coworkers, the public and the environment from harmful effects of pesticides
Preparation training is designed for initial certification. Certification is valid for five years in WI. The examination will take place immediately following the preparation.
Those who will use (mix, load, or apply) a restricted-use pesticide, or anyone who will use any pesticide on a for hire basis. Examples of applicators include:
• Municipals and county/state highway crews
• Railroad crews
• Utility company/commercial line clearance crews
• Natural areas (invasive plant control (vegetation/prairies))
Attendees MUST bring a valid ID, pencil(s), calculator (cell phones will not be able to be used as a form of calculator).
Manuals will be distributed in class.